I am pleased to be given the opportunity to help you navigate the adoption process in a country I fell in love with: Vietnam.
I have come to wear many hats over the years: mother of nine children, Army wife, advocate, certified teacher. I am very comfortable with the adoption process in Vietnam, having adopted 4 Vietnamese children, including 3 with special needs.
My several trips to Vietnam for my children’s adoptions and humanitarian purposes have given me an in-depth comprehension of its culture and its beautiful people, and have helped me create personal contacts and friendships within the country. After Vietnam signed The Hague convention regarding international adoption in 2012, adoption changed drastically for all international agencies involved with the program. At present time, only children with special needs are available for adoption. TDHO is, therefore, looking for parents who are able to welcome these children into their family. Most children available are from 12 to 36 months old at the time of proposal and their special needs can range from mild to more severe.
My objective is to guide you through the experience of adopting from Vietnam while sharing my passion for this country with you. I am fluent in both English and French, with a basic knowledge of the Vietnamese language.
Follow the link to read about Johanne’s adoption story: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-miracle-twins-and-the-unknown-hero/
For more information about this program please complete the following:
Family Blogs and Yahoo Groups
Please note that TDH Ontario does not monitor these blogs and does not verify nor take responsibility for their content.
- Francesca and Matteo and waiting: viaggioavietnam.blogspot.com
- Bringing Nate Home: http://www.bringingnatehome.blogspot.com
- Baby Steps in Spring: http://www.babystepsinspring.blogspot.ca
- Dipietro Family – The Broken Road: http://sorellina.blogspot.ca
- Slightly Oliver: www.slightlyoliver.com
- Maya Here We Come!: www.mayaherewecome.blogspot.com
- Bring Home the Little Fella : bringing home the little fella – adopting from vietnam